MOUNT LOOKOUT COMMUNITY COUNCIL
The MLCC is an all-volunteer organization that informs, serves, and advocates for the residents and businesses of Mt. Lookout, Cincinnati. Founded in 1906, it is the oldest continually operated civic organization in the State of Ohio.
The Mt. Lookout Community Council (MLCC) Scholarship is an annual scholarship funded by the MLCC. It is a $250.00 scholarship awarded to two graduating seniors who reside in Mt. Lookout. The scholarship is to be used for educational purposes only (i.e. tuition, textbooks, etc.).
Eligibility for scholarship includes:
– At least one parent and the applicant must reside in Mt. Lookout
– Senior must be planning to attend a two or four year not-for profit college or trade/vocational school.
– Have a current GPA of 3.00
– Note: for the 2023 award year, students who graduated in 2022 are also eligible to apply.
Completed scholarship applications are due no later than January 31, 2023. Applications are then considered by a committee composed of Mt. Lookout residents and business owners, including MLCC board members. The award will be announced in April with a formal presentation at the MLCC June community meeting.
A completed scholarship submission includes the following items:
– A completed online application
– Choice of one essay question (May be submitted electronically with the online application or mailed to the PO Box found here.
– Official high school transcript
If you have any questions, please email the MLCC Board at email@example.com.