Welcome to our Community Awareness page!
For information about development in Mt. Lookout, please visit our Development page.
MLCC Square Committee Update – August 2021
The MLCC Square Landscape and Maintenance Committee has been at work to make the Square a more inviting place for MLCC residents. So far in 2021, committee has been working on the following:
- The Mount Lookout, Ohio State and USA flags have all been raised and are flying on our flag-pole,
- Ongoing monitoring of current landscaping to ensure the plantings and shrubs are maintained,
- Care For The Square – MLCC has established a community volunteer sign-up sheet to promote regular clean-up of our square,
- Fountain Opening and Maintenance – Halpin Plumbing turned on and serviced our fountain and a community volunteer gave it a fresh coat of paint,
- Flowers and Landscaping Care – Wimberg Landscaping has completed our spring clean up and the city’s flowers are well established in most of the pots!
The committee continues to maintain a list of short and long-term projects that it is pursuing and will implement as finances permit. These include:
- Fix or replace the current water fountain in the center island,
- Install a spigot for watering of flowers and shrubs,
- Purchase of different flowerpots to make a more visual impact in square,
- Purchase a Mt. Lookout sign (like the one at Delta) for the Linwood island,
- Replace broken and missing pavers in the square sidewalks,
- Replace the mulch around trees in square to tolerate rainfall while providing protection for the trees.
We thank all members of the community who do their part to help keep the square a place that all can enjoy. If anyone has something that they would like to see addressed, has any ideas about how to improve the square, or would like to make donations toward any of our short and long term projects, please let the MLCC know.
Care For The Square
The Mt. Lookout Community Council needs volunteers to help keep Mt Lookout Square clean. Litter adds up! Can we count on an hour of your time? Please sign up!
The clean up area is:
- Delta Ave sidewalk from Million’s to Zip’s
- Linwood Ave sidewalk from Stereo ADV to Jiffy Lube
- Pedestrian Rest Area north of Chase Bank
- Pedestrian Rest Areas south of UDF
All volunteers under 16 should be accompanied by an adult.
A litter “grabber” will be available in the alley next to Keepsake Photography, but gardening gloves are recommended.
Please bring two or three trash bags.
In case of inclement weather, feel free to cancel and sign up for a different weekend!
We are fortunate to have District 2 of the Cincinnati Police Department taking care of the Mt. Lookout Community. They designate a Community Liaison Officer who participates and provides bimonthly reports at each of our public meetings.
Nextdoor is a community website on which neighbors can post information about what’s happening in our neighborhood – such as upcoming events, free stuff, available babysitters, service provider recommendations, even lost and found pets. It’s a great way to learn more about Mt. Lookout!
Our MLCC bimonthly public meetings are great source of information. Be sure to stop by and take part in the discussions. If you have questions or topics that you’d like discussed at the next meeting, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City posts neighborhood service schedules for trash, recycling & yard waste collection, Christmas tree collection, street sweeping and more. Enter your address to get the most up-to-date information.